Posted to cvs@incubator.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2017/01/09 20:14:21 UTC

[Incubator Wiki] Update of "January2017" by MattRutkowski

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "January2017" page has been changed by MattRutkowski:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2017?action=diff&rev1=53&rev2=54

  Shepherd/Mentor notes:
  Niclas: The development on the previous GitHub project is progressing at high speed. But we have an understanding that moving to ASF repos is of the highest importance for the next month.

+ ---
+
+ OpenWhisk
+
+ OpenWhisk is an open source, distributed Serverless computing platform able to execute application logic (Actions) in response to events
+ (Triggers) from external sources (Feeds) or HTTP requests governed by conditional logic (Rules). It provides a programming environment
+ supported by a REST API-based Command Line Interface (CLI) along with tooling to support packaging and catalog services.
+
+ OpenWhisk has been incubating since 2016-11-23.
+
+ Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
+
+ 1. Moving github repos under the Apache Github Org
+ 2. Setup jenkins infra server to automate website deployment
+ 3. Review and update project [checklist](http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openwhisk.html).
+
+    Some items should be mark done (around infra) and followup on committer that there is a ICLA submitted. Additionally,
+    we add links to the project page to their respctive areas on our .org site and/or newly created COnfluence Wiki.
+
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
+
+ - No issues so far
+
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
+
+ - dev and private mailing list establish and initial activity healthy
+ - New website deploy openwhisk.org with content from the Github repo
+
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+
+ - TBD: gather stats from Github repos commits, issues and pull requests
+ - New in core: New API Auth Keys architecture, API Gateway experimental
+ - New in packages: Kafka Feed
+ - Added a "Dockerized" option for running the "wskdeploy" tool
+
+ Date of last release:
+
+ - No release yet
+
+ When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
+
+ - No one ha been elected or nominated yet.
+
+ Signed-off-by:
+
+ [X](openwhisk) Felix Meschberger