Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/09 06:26:01 UTC

Nominating cuijian-dexter as new committer of incubator-echarts

Dear all,

I would like to nominate @cuijian-dexter <https://github.com/cuijian-dexter> to
be our first new committer of incubator-echarts project, who has been
continuously contributing both to the repo and the community over the past
several months.

*Main Contributions*

1. He has contributed four pull requests
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+cuijian-dexter+>
by now, three of which have already been merged, and the other one under
review.
Take his first PR #8759
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/pull/8759> as example, he
provided a new funnel layout policy, which enables displaying text inside
funnels on the left or right side. This could be helpful to others who have
such chart design.
During the process of reviewing the PR, he behaved in a well open-minded
way, quick to response, and willing to help.

2. He's also quite active and helpful in issue discussions and helped
others to solve problems.
For example, in #9281
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/issues/9281>, he made an
online demo to help the author solve the problem.

A full list of contributions may be found here
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/search?q=cuijian-dexter&type=Issues>
.

In conclusion, I would like to nominate him as our new committer, both to
thank him for the contribution to the community, and also to encourage him
and other contributors like him to help the community grow.

Please give your opinion and +1 if you agree.

Zhang Wenli
http://zhangwenli.com

Re: Nominating cuijian-dexter as new committer of incubator-echarts

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Nominations to Committer and PMC membership are handled on the private@echarts mailing list in order to avoid any embarrassment if anyone has a concern. Concerns could be trivial like I’d like to make sure that the person has provided a good code review or have they provided sustained help on the mailing list.

Discussing what criteria ought to qualify a person to be seriously considered can certainly be discussed on dev@echarts.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> 于2019年1月9日周三 下午2:26写道:

--
Yi Shen
Senior Developer

Re: Nominating cuijian-dexter as new committer of incubator-echarts

Posted by SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

------------------------------
 Su Shuang (100pah)

Posted by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
I think @cuijian-dexter makes a great effort on helping answer the issues
opened by other developers. We should encourage him.

But I also found many of his responses are wrong and may mislead the
developers. We can discuss about how to help him and other developers
contributing with better quality.

--
Yi Shen
Senior Developer