Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/10 11:04:28 UTC

Missing offset value for a Consumer Group

Hi all,

I have an issue with Kafka 0.10.1. I can produce a message to a specific
Kafka topic and I am able to see the message using
"Kafka-console-consumer". However, when I am trying to consume that
message, it is like there is not any message inside the topic. I suspect
maybe there is an issue like negative lag with the consumer group, so I
have tried to check the offset value in Zookeeper consumers znode, but I
couldn't find anything in the "consumer" znode!

I have used another Kafka instance with the same producer and consumer and
it is working, so I suspect there is an issue with the instance of Kafka I
am using. It could be some inconsistency between Zookeeper and Kafka. How
can I find the source of the issue? I have checked the log files, but I
couldn't find any unusual log.

Regards,
Ali