Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jon Strayer <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/01 17:46:06 UTC

How to tell the version of jar.

I'm trying to integrate an existing project into our build cycle.
None of the jars had version numbers in their names.  The solution I
came up with was to download md5.exe from http://www.fourmilab.ch/md5/
and use google to look up the digests it printed out.

In each case, the name of the file(s) goggle found was the version of
the jar (quite often in a Maven repository somewhere).

RE: How to tell the version of jar.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Jon,

A very nice tip. I've taken the liberty to post it on mavenbook.org:
http://mavenbook.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/FindingVersionOfJar

(I hope you don't mind)

Thanks
-Vincent