Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fox <th...@seitenbau.com> on 2015/09/05 03:41:53 UTC

Change JDK requirements for Torque 4.1

Hi,

for fixing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TORQUE-226, a version of jgit must be included which requires JDK 1.7 for the generator.
I suggest to raise the required JDK version for the Torque 4.1 generator to JDK 1.7

Also, it has become difficult to run a JDK 1.5 build on the Apache builds server. See the failed runs of https://builds.apache.org/job/torque4-test-project-derby/ which were fixed by raising the target JDK.
Therefore, I suggest to raise the required JDK version for the Torque 4.1 Runtime (and thus the rest of Torque except the generator and the maven plugin) to JDK 1.6

Please object if there are any problems with this.

    Thomas

Re: Change JDK requirements for Torque 4.1

Posted by Greg Monroe <mo...@nc.rr.com>.
+1

I think the logic for Java 1.5 was that some Linux distro's only offered
this and some people were locked into distro only versions. I think all
the supported Linux distro's provide at least 1.7.  So people locked
into distro versions only by their IT rules should have Java 1.7 available.

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 05.09.15 03:41, Thomas Fox wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for fixing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TORQUE-226, a version of jgit must be included which requires JDK 1.7 for the generator.
> I suggest to raise the required JDK version for the Torque 4.1 generator to JDK 1.7
>
> Also, it has become difficult to run a JDK 1.5 build on the Apache builds server. See the failed runs of https://builds.apache.org/job/torque4-test-project-derby/ which were fixed by raising the target JDK.
> Therefore, I suggest to raise the required JDK version for the Torque 4.1 Runtime (and thus the rest of Torque except the generator and the maven plugin) to JDK 1.6

+1
Go ahead. It's about time.

Bye, Thomas.