Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by SOA Work <so...@web.de> on 2006/03/20 15:44:40 UTC

differences between axis and axis2 (styles and lit vs enc)

Hi,

I'm looking for the differences between axis and axis2.
At the moment I'm trying to find out which styles and encodings are supported.

(with document-centric I mean the possibility to get the message as xml tree. in axis2 this is covered via RawXMLMessageReceiver and OMElement)

axis:
rpc/enc
rpc/lit
doc/enc
doc/lit
wrapped
--------------------> all supported
no way to create a message-centric web service

axis2:
rpc/enc (<- I read it should be supported)
rpc/lit
what about the others?

easy message-centric services (RawXMLMessageReceiver)

And how to I configure the style and the use (<- encoded vs literal)

thx
Dominik

Re: differences between axis and axis2 (styles and lit vs enc)

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
doc/enc is not supported (and doesn't make any sense -- it's not a valid
combination).
wrapped = doc/lit using a specific convention. It isn't a separate style/use
combination.

Axis2 currently supports doc/lit and rpc/lit.

Anne