Posted to announce@apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/09/13 22:38:23 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the release of
HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1-alpha1.

This is the first public release from the 4.1 branch of HttpCore. This
release adds a number of new features, most notable being introduction
of compatibility mode with IBM JREs and other JREs with naive (broken)
implementation of SelectionKey API.

Please note that new classes and methods added in this release are still
considered API unable and may change in the future releases.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

About HttpComponents Core -
HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be
used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal
footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O models: blocking I/O model based on
the classic Java I/O and non-blocking, event driven I/O model based on
Java NIO. The blocking I/O model may be more appropriate for data
intensive, low latency scenarios, whereas the non-blocking model may be
more appropriate for high latency scenarios where raw data throughput is
less important than the ability to handle thousands of simultaneous HTTP
connections in a resource efficient manner.

Re: HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 Released

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Oleg
>>> Download -
>>> <http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
>>> Release notes -
>>> <http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
>>>
>> It seems like the 4.0.1 RELEASE_NOTES in the download page links to the
>> 4.1-alpha1.. Sorry I took a quick look, but I didn't notice where to
>> change it :(
>>

> Asankha
>
> There is just one release notes file for all releases per module. It does seem
> reasonable to have one file per developement branch, though.
Ok.. I think thats valid.. I think having two links to release notes
from the same page implied that clicking one of them would take you to
the release notes for that particular release.. Since one is the GA and
the other an alpha of the next major release, I cannot think of a better
solution myself either..

cheers
asankha

Re: HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 Released

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 06:23:27PM +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
> > Download -
> > <http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
> > Release notes -
> > <http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
> It seems like the 4.0.1 RELEASE_NOTES in the download page links to the
> 4.1-alpha1.. Sorry I took a quick look, but I didn't notice where to
> change it :(
>
> thanks
> asankha

Asankha

There is just one release notes file for all releases per module. It does seem
reasonable to have one file per developement branch, though. The right place to
tweak would be this one:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/project/src/site/xdoc/downloads.xml

Cheers

Oleg

Re: HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 Released

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Oleg