Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by João Jandre Paraquetti <jo...@scclouds.com.br> on 2023/05/16 16:27:55 UTC

[VOTE] Upgrade Log4j to Log4j2

Hello guys,

I am opening this voting thread as result of the discussion in thread
"ACS upgrade to Log4J2 version 2.19"[1].

The voting aims to continue the efforts and conclude the upgrade of the
ACS logging library to Log4j2 through PR 7131[2]; merge the PR as soon
as possible and provide ways to contributors solve the conflicts easily,
so all the contributors have time to fix their merge conflicts before
4.19; announce that change in the release notes and provide ways to
users upgrade their customization made to the default log4j
configuration files.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate
"(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Best regards,
João Jandre (JoaoJandre)

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/261j7m0p5mr4q7yclvo49mwhkxz4yov2
[2] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/7131

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade Log4j to Log4j2

Posted by João Jandre Paraquetti <jo...@scclouds.com.br>.
Rohit,

This PR has been already tested extensively, by multiple people, in
several different envs using different hypervisors and plugins. I
already tested and confirmed functionality against mbx and Blue
Orangutan is already running. All we are missing is a final reviewer.

Best regards,

João Jandre (JoaoJandre)

Posted by João Jandre Paraquetti <jo...@scclouds.com.br>.
Rohit,

Posted by João Jandre Paraquetti <jo...@scclouds.com.br>.
Hi all,

Posted by João Jandre Paraquetti <jo...@scclouds.com.br>.
Hi all,

Posted by Sidimar Carniel <si...@scarniel.com.br>.

Posted by Sidimar Carniel <si...@scarniel.com.br>.

Posted by "Rodrigo D. Lopez" <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the great work!

Posted by "Rodrigo D. Lopez" <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the great work!

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
-0

Posted by Felipe Rossi <fe...@brascloud.com.br.INVALID>.
+1 approve

Att / Regards

Felipe Rossi | BRASCLOUD
*CEO - Founder*
*Email:* felipe@brascloud.com.br | www.brascloud.com.br
Contact + 55 45 99116-0094 / +55 45 3326-4568

[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality11&>
Sender
notified by