Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Eric J. Schwarzenbach" <er...@wrycan.com> on 2023/03/08 17:32:45 UTC

Re: [request to review, and vote] XalanJ 2.7.3 release candidate RC9

Hi,

I tried this out and have had no problems with it, but looking into it
from a "using it in a project build and setting up dependencies"
standpoint, I see that the download includes jars xercesImpl 2.12.2 and
xml-apis 1.4.02 (going by what the manifest in the jar file says).

The xerces project Xerces2 Java project web site shows 2.12.2 as the
latest, but lists XML Commons 1.4.01 (which is what normally provides
the xml-apis jar), and browsing the download area there is no 1.4.02
offered (similarly browsing Maven Central, as Maven is my I am using to
build my projects and manage dependencies, I find no 1.4.02, and
xalanImpl 2.12.2 shows a dependency on xml-apis-1.4.01).

The XML Commons website (https://xerces.apache.org/xml-commons/) also
lists only 1.4.01 (no 1.4.02) and links to the same xerces download page.

So where does this xml-apis 1.4.02 come from and is that really what
xalan should be including?