Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "H. krishna" <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/23 16:43:10 UTC

SPACE BEFORE

Hi All,

The "space-before" attribute is not working on my
stylefile. Anybody advise me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
bala

RE: SPACE BEFORE

Posted by "H. krishna" <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Regards,
bala

--- "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>

Re: UNICODE VALUE

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
H. krishna wrote:
> I would like to create PDF file from the XML using
> XSL-FO for compare purpose. When I compare the XML-PDF
> and 3B2-PDF, the text appears is correct, except the
> unicode characters like (&alpha, &beta,
> &#x003B1;....). How to change the unicode character
> font???

Have you read
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters
and
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html
already?

J.Pietschmann

UNICODE VALUE

Posted by "H. krishna" <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Everybody,

I had done one project in 3B2 platform. The input file
taken in XML format.

Re: base align

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
H. krishna wrote:
> How to base align the text.
>
> If, widow line or orphan line is coming on bottom of
> the page or top of the page, the text is need to
> automatically move to next page, the remaining space
> need to adjust automatically (like LaTeX). This
> possible.....

The XSLFO spec doesn't mandate any specific behaviour nor provides
any way to explicit control block space justification wrt. to
filling or bottom alignment (in multi column layout). You are
basically at the mercy of the processor implementation.

J.Pietschmann

base align

Posted by "H. krishna" <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Dear All,

How to base align the text.

If, widow line or orphan line is coming on bottom of
the page or top of the page, the text is need to
automatically move to next page, the remaining space
need to adjust automatically (like LaTeX). This
possible.....

I would appreciate anybody help..

Regards,
bala

RE: SPACE BEFORE

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

<fo:block line-height="12pt">&#xA0;</fo:block>

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas

RE: SPACE BEFORE

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Hi,

Regarding your problem:

> ... Everything is working fine,
> except "space-before" attribute.

Not true. AFAICT, it is working as it should.

The space-before property has a default conditionality of 'discard', which
means that, if there are two successive fo:blocks of which the first has
space-after="12pt" and the second has space-before="12pt", then the distance
between the two blocks --optimum space between, since FOP 0.20.5 supports
only space-*.optimum-- will be 12pt and not 24pt, as you seem to be
expecting (You ARE expecting 24pt, correct?)

Since FOP 0.20.5 does not yet implement space-*.conditionality="retain", I
guess you're going to have to play with the space-* properties, i.e. drop
them in some places, set them to 24pt in others.

On top of that...

> my synatx is :

An alternative syntax, much more concise... IMO more flexible and a bit
easier to read/maintain, but that may be a matter of taste.

<xsl:template match="group[cab[contrib]]">
  <fo:block font-size="12pt" font-style="italic"
            span="all" line-height="14pt"
            space-after="12pt" space-before="12pt">
    <xsl:value-of select="concat(contrib/name/surname,' ',
                            contrib/name/given-names)" />
    <fo:inline baseline-shift="super">
      <xsl:value-of select="contrib/xref[@ref-type='aff']" />
    </fo:inline>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="group">
  <fo:block font-size="10pt" font-style="italic"
            span="all" space-after="12pt"
            space-before="12pt">
    <xsl:value-of select="contrib/name/surname" />
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas

Re: SPACE BEFORE

Posted by "H. krishna" <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I have used Antenna house
software. I'll try in the FOP. FOP is supported
fo-float & mathml tag? Due to this i had gone for
Antenna house...

my synatx is :

	<xsl:template match="group">
		<xsl:if test="cab">
		<xsl:choose>
			<xsl:when test="contrib">
				<fo:block font-size="12pt" line-height="14pt"
space-after="12pt" space-before="12pt"
font-style="italic" span="all">
					<xsl:value-of
select="descendant::contrib/descendant::name/descendant::surname"/>
					<xsl:text> </xsl:text>
					<xsl:value-of
select="descendant::contrib/descendant::name/descendant::given-names"/>
					<fo:inline baseline-shift="super">
						<xsl:value-of
select="descendant::contrib/xref[@ref-type='aff']"/>
					</fo:inline>
				</fo:block>
			</xsl:when>
			<xsl:otherwise>
				<fo:block font-size="10pt" space-after="12pt"
space-before="12pt" font-style="italic" span="all">
					<xsl:value-of select="contrib/name/surname"/>
				</fo:block>
			</xsl:otherwise>
		</xsl:choose>
		</xsl:if>
	</xsl:template>

The condition is true. Everything is working fine,

Re: SPACE BEFORE

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Re: SPACE BEFORE

Posted by "H. krishna" <ba...@yahoo.com>.