Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Anil R. Pinto" <ap...@lobotec.com> on 2004/11/05 15:49:26 UTC

Footer placement...

Hi all,

I have a requirement to print the footer only within the LAST page (along
with body continued from previous pages) as shown below

-----------Page 1 ----------------------

Body details ....

-----------Page 1 ----------------------

-----------Middle Page 1 ---------------

Body details continued .....

-----------Middle Page 1 ---------------

 ...... subsequent pages ..........

-----------Middle Page N ----------------

Body details continued .....

-----------Middle Page N ----------------

-----------Last Page --------------------

Body details continued .....

FOOTER Information

-----------Last Page ---------------------

Generally this functionality would need the use of the following

	<fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="first"
master-reference="first"/>
      <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="rest"
master-reference="rest"/>
	<fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="last"
master-reference="last"/>

But it seems that the [page-position="last"] feature has not yet been
implemented, and I need a way to do the above in the absence of this
feature.

Any help in this direction is greatly appreciated.

thanks for your time,
Anil.

Re: Footer placement...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Anil R. Pinto wrote:
> I have a requirement to print the footer only within the LAST page
> But it seems that the [page-position="last"] feature has not yet been
> implemented,

Commonly recommended workarounds are to implement a specific
footer on the last page as marker or as a footnote.

J.Pietschmann