Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Vikneshwara R B <vi...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/29 11:51:20 UTC

Integrate AWS elasticsearch service with UNOMI

Hi,
I am currently exploring Apache Unomi for Customer Data Platform and have
the following questions

   1. Do we have a sample deployment approach for using Apache Unomi on AWS?
   2. How to integrate AWS elastic service with apache Unomi?
   3. How to use Kafka consumer support in Unomi?
   4. I am currently exploring unomi-analytics
   <https://www.npmjs.com/package/unomi-analytics> npm package. What are
   all the event types not supported by Unomi integration and workaround for
   non-supported ones?

Regards,
Vikneshwara

Re: Integrate AWS elasticsearch service with UNOMI

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com.INVALID>.
Hello Vikneshwara,

Here are some answers to your questions:

1. There are multiple ways to do that, but the most important part is the
deployment of the ElasticSearch cluster. You could either use docker
containers or simply install all the stack using the tar balls. Personally
I would start with the tarballs to get a feel of everything that is
involved and then maybe look at industrializing things using containers

2. I haven't tested Unomi with AWS elastic (I believe it's called
OpenSearch now ?), but in theory it should work since it is compatible with
ElasticSearch.

3. The Kafka Consumer is a contribution that isn't currently documented,
and to be honest I don't have that much experience with it. Basically it
supports sending events through Kafka, and you have to structure the
messages in a format that the Kafka Consumer will accept. You can look at
the source code for the consumer here:
https://github.com/apache/unomi/blob/master/plugins/kafka-injector/src/main/java/org/apache/unomi/kafka/KafkaInjector.java
. Basically you'll need to structure the message to be a serialized JSON of
the Event class. This is the default event format and therefore you can
look at all the examples for events here:
http://unomi.apache.org/manual/1_5_x/index.html#_built_in_event_types

4. Basically this is the default web tracker script that is available in
Unomi. However due to its inherit complexity we are looking at maybe
rewriting or replacing it with something simpler. Using the track() call
you should be able to send any event type including custom ones you might
want. You can see an example of how to use it in the tracker sub-page once
you get to the Unomi welcome screen.

Regards,
  Serge...

Serge Huber
CTO & Co-Founder
T +41 22 361 3424
9 route des Jeunes | 1227 Acacias | Switzerland
jahia.com <http://www.jahia.com/>
SKYPE | LINKEDIN <https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergehuber> | TWITTER
<https://twitter.com/sergehuber> | VCARD
<http://www.jahia.com/vcard/HuberSerge.vcf>

> JOIN OUR COMMUNITY <http://www.jahia.com/> to evaluate, get trained and
to discover why Jahia is a leading User Experience Platform (UXP) for
Digital Transformation.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Hello Vikneshwara,