Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Ac...@emc.com on 2010/02/16 16:25:54 UTC

ClassNotFoundException while exporting packages via org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra

Hi,

I am exporting packages from non-OSGi jar (Oracle Coherence) via felix
system packages extra property  (snippet below)

org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=\

.

.

com.tangosol.util,\

com.tangosol.net,\

com.tangosol.net.cache,\

com.tangosol.util.filter,\

com.tangosol.util.processor,\

com.tangosol.coherence.component.net,\

The classes from these packages are used in an app context in which is
getting instantiated by Spring DM.

Here is the snippet of the command line used to launch felix:

/usr/java/jre1.6.0_17/bin/java -Xmx1024m -classpath
.:/usr/share/java/eventsubsys/coherence-core-3.5.jar ......some more
jars on Classpath

-Dfelix.config.properties=file:/etc/sysconfig/felix_config.properties
-Dfelix.auto.deploy.dir=/usr/share/java/felix/basebundles
-Dfelix.cache.rootdir=/var/felix/emgr

 -Dfelix.fileinstall.dir=/usr/share/java/emgr  -jar
/usr/share/java/felix/felix.jar

Here is the stack trace I am getting :

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/tangosol/util/Filter

        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown
Source)

        at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)

        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Unknown Source)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.in
stantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:54)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:877)

        ... 85 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: *** Package
'com.tangosol.util' is imported by bundle 30 from bundle 0, but the
exported package from bundle 0 does not contain the requested class
'com.tangosol.util.Filter'. Please verify that the class name is correct
in the importing bundle 30 and/or that the exported package is correctly
bundled in 0. ***

        at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(Module
Impl.java:1664)

        ... 91 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.tangosol.util.Filter

        at
org.apache.felix.framework.ExtensionManager$ExtensionManagerModule.getCl
assByDelegation(ExtensionManager.java:658)

        at
org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.R4Wire.getClass(R4Wire.java:108)

        at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.searchImports(ModuleImpl.java:1364
)

        at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(Mo
duleImpl.java:677)

        at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$100(ModuleImpl.java:60)

        at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(Module
Impl.java:1650)

        ... 93 more

Thanks,

Prakash

Re: ClassNotFoundException while exporting packages via org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 2/17/10 9:35 PM, Achuthan_Prakash@emc.com wrote:
> Thanks Karl.
> I added org.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=framework to the felix config, but that does not solve the problem. I still keep getting the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError error.
>
> The solution suggested by Richard worked.
> Btw, I don't any documentation about using this property on Apache Felix site

Well, it should be mentioned, so that is an oversight I will fix, but it
is in the OSGi spec.

-> richard

Posted by Ac...@emc.com.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: ClassNotFoundException while exporting packages via org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra

Posted by Nima Kaviani <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Cliff for the hint on changing the log level. I was just too much
into finding the bug to think of reconsidering the log info! It turned out
that I was checking the dependencies on the wrong bundle. I did some
manipulations to the other bundle that was the source of the issue and the
issue is gone.

thanks again,
-Nima

http://nima.magic.ubc.ca

Re: ClassNotFoundException while exporting packages via org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra

Posted by "Clifford H. James" <cj...@proteuseng.com>.

Posted by Nima Kaviani <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

http://nima.magic.ubc.ca

Re: ClassNotFoundException while exporting packages via org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

RE: ClassNotFoundException while exporting packages via org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra

Posted by Ac...@emc.com.
Thanks Richard.  The the change you suggested fixed the issue.
I removed -jar option and added felix jar to the Classpath & added
org.apache.felix.main.Main to the command line.

org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra

If you specify "-jar" then "-classpath" is ignored. You have to add
felix.jar to "-classpath" and then specify its main class.

-> richard

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.