Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by petrkorda <ma...@o2.pl> on 2008/05/23 12:59:02 UTC

MessageConsumer and NotSerializableException

Hi,

Tomcat throws a number of NotSerializableException exceptions when being
restarted and when there are some active AJAX AMQ listeners.

The problem is related with mls.consumerDestinationNameMap which is stored
in user's session and which is defined as Map<MessageAvailableConsumer,
String> while MessageAvailableConsumer is not serializable.

I was wondering if there is any standard solution to this you can suggest
me?

Another thing - AJAX messaging never works after Tomcat's restart and the
first time I open a page which contacts AjaxServlet. Fiddler shows empty
<ajax-response></ajax-response> every 30 seconds.
After the first refresh everything starts to work.
It may be related with the thing I describe above, but I don't know.

Thanks,
Petr