Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/28 01:04:53 UTC

[VOTE] Felix 1.0.2 framework and main release as well as bundlerepository 1.0.1 release

I would like to call a vote on the framework and main 1.0.2 as well as
on the bundlerepository 1.0.1
release.  The source release archives, signature files, SHA and MD5
message digests for each are available as zip and tar.gz here:

http://people.apache.org/~pauls/felix-1.0.2.html

Additionally, a binary release is included on the page as a
convenience download as well as the framework, main, and
bundlerepository binaries and poms in
order to make them available via maven.

Please vote to approve these release archives:

[ ] +1 Approve the Felix 1.0.2 framework and main releases as well as
the bundlerepository 1.0.1 release.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Felix 1.0.2 framework and main release as well as bundlerepository 1.0.1 release

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Good catch!

I did run rat but somehow I must have missed this one :-(

Furthermore, I just realized that I missed updating the copyright to
2008 as well (not my day apparently).

The vote has failed. I'll cut a 1.0.3 release for framework and main
and a 1.0.2 for bundlerepository asap.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Felix 1.0.2 framework and main release as well as bundlerepository 1.0.1 release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>>>
>>> sorry: -1 for 1.0.2, as unfortunately I found an issue when running RAT:
>>>
>>>    framework-1.0.2
>>> /src/main/java/org/apache/felix/framework/util/CompoundEnumeration.java
>>>

>> Crap. I had originally added the header to that file, but I did a
>> revert and a re-apply of the patch and forgot to do it again.
>>
>>> is lacking a license header ...also, should this properties file have a
>>> license header?
>>>
>>>    framework-1.0.2
>>> /src/main/resources/org/apache/felix/framework/Felix.properties
>>>

>> We never have and since this only has the version number in it, I
>> don't think it can be construed as being in any way creative, so I
>> don't think it needs a license header.
>>
>> I guess we will have to see what Karl wants to do about the above.
>>
> I agree that the missing header for the properties file is not that
> important (however we should add it for future releases). But I think
> the missing header in the source code is an issue. We've been very picky
> about releases in the past (which is good) and I don't see a reason
> why we should make an exception here.
>
> So, I vote -1 as well - let's fix this issue and recut a 1.0.3 release.

Argh, this vote is for two releases at the same time :( So just to
clarify, I vote -1 for the framework release.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Felix 1.0.2 framework and main release as well as bundlerepository 1.0.1 release

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>> I agree that the missing header for the properties file is not that
>>> important (however we should add it for future releases).
>>
>> I was told that headers were only for files that contain something
>> creative. Felix.properties only contains:
>>
>>    felix.version=${pom.version}
>>
> Yes, that's true - but if we just add the header, tools like rat will
> not fail anymore (unless we have a real problem).

True.

-> richard

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 28, 2008 4:06 AM, Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net> wrote:

> On 28/01/2008, Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to call a vote on the framework and main 1.0.2 as well as
> > on the bundlerepository 1.0.1
> > release.  The source release archives, signature files, SHA and MD5
> > message digests for each are available as zip and tar.gz here:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~pauls/felix-1.0.2.html
> >
> > Additionally, a binary release is included on the page as a
> > convenience download as well as the framework, main, and
> > bundlerepository binaries and poms in
> > order to make them available via maven.
> >
> > Please vote to approve these release archives:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the Felix 1.0.2 framework and main releases as well as
> > the bundlerepository 1.0.1 release.
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
> >

> sorry: -1 for 1.0.2, as unfortunately I found an issue when running RAT:
>
>    framework-1.0.2
> /src/main/java/org/apache/felix/framework/util/CompoundEnumeration.java
>
> is lacking a license header ...also, should this properties file have a
> license header?
>
>    framework-1.0.2
> /src/main/resources/org/apache/felix/framework/Felix.properties

No, this doesn't include anything that needs to be copyrighted - it's
only the version number :-)

regards,

Karl

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.