Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Lidgey <be...@inuknetworks.com> on 2008/01/14 15:32:52 UTC

Is there a problem with surefire-junit-2.4?

Some of our builds here have started failing today as it is unable to download surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT artifact. Is there an issue with this?

I have tried mvn -U -up with no success. Most developers are using Maven 2.0.7, but some of us are using 2.0.8 to prepare for rolling that out. Would that have updated some plugins in the local repository, causing old builds to fail?

Downloading: http://dev1.wa:8280/maven-proxy/repository/org/apache/maven/surefir
e/surefire-junit/2.4-SNAPSHOT/surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT.pom
Downloading: http://dev1.wa:8280/maven-proxy/repository/org/apache/maven/surefir
e/surefire-junit/2.4-SNAPSHOT/surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=
surefire-junit \
          -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=sure
fire-junit \
          -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
           -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
        2) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  dummy:dummy:jar:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  appfuse (http://static.appfuse.org/repository)

Ben Lidgey
Senior Software Engineer
e: ben.lidgey@inuknetworks.com

Inuk Networks Limited
Enterprise House
Navigation Park
Abercynon
CF45 4SN
t: +44 (0)844 546 0100
f: +44 (0)844 546 0200
w: www.inuknetworks.com

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

Re: Is there a problem with surefire-junit-2.4?

Posted by supareno <re...@free.fr>.
Ben Lidgey a écrit :
> Some of our builds here have started failing today as it is unable to download surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT artifact. Is there an issue with this?
>
> I have tried mvn -U -up with no success. Most developers are using Maven 2.0.7, but some of us are using 2.0.8 to prepare for rolling that out. Would that have updated some plugins in the local repository, causing old builds to fail?
>
> Downloading: http://dev1.wa:8280/maven-proxy/repository/org/apache/maven/surefir
> e/surefire-junit/2.4-SNAPSHOT/surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT.pom
> Downloading: http://dev1.wa:8280/maven-proxy/repository/org/apache/maven/surefir
> e/surefire-junit/2.4-SNAPSHOT/surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT
>
>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>   Then, install it using the command:
>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=
> surefire-junit \
>           -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
> Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=sure
> fire-junit \
>           -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
>            -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
>
>   Path to dependency:
>         1) dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
>         2) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT
>
> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.
>
> for artifact:
>   dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>   appfuse (http://static.appfuse.org/repository)
>

> Ben Lidgey
> Senior Software Engineer
> e: ben.lidgey@inuknetworks.com
>
> Inuk Networks Limited
> Enterprise House
> Navigation Park
> Abercynon
> CF45 4SN
> t: +44 (0)844 546 0100
> f: +44 (0)844 546 0200
> w: www.inuknetworks.com
>

> This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

you could try this
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-snapshot-repositories.html
<http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-snapshot-repositories.html>
to enable snapshot repositories

regards
supareno

Re: Is there a problem with surefire-junit-2.4?

Posted by Mauro Talevi <ma...@aquilonia.org>.
Ben Lidgey wrote:
> Some of our builds here have started failing today as it is unable to download surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT artifact. Is there an issue with this?
>
> I have tried mvn -U -up with no success. Most developers are using Maven 2.0.7, but some of us are using 2.0.8 to prepare for rolling that out. Would that have updated some plugins in the local repository, causing old builds to fail?
>
> Downloading: http://dev1.wa:8280/maven-proxy/repository/org/apache/maven/surefir
> e/surefire-junit/2.4-SNAPSHOT/surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT.pom
> Downloading: http://dev1.wa:8280/maven-proxy/repository/org/apache/maven/surefir
> e/surefire-junit/2.4-SNAPSHOT/surefire-junit-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT
>
>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>   Then, install it using the command:
>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=
> surefire-junit \
>           -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
> Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=sure
> fire-junit \
>           -Dversion=2.4-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
>            -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
>
>   Path to dependency:
>         1) dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
>         2) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT
>
> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.
>
> for artifact:
>   dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>   appfuse (http://static.appfuse.org/repository)

Snapshots are in separate repo:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

Surefire 2.4 has just passed release vote and will soon be in central
repo (sometime today).

Cheers