Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Willie Vu <ct...@ust.hk> on 2003/06/05 06:16:58 UTC

Problem with bew Checkstyle plugin

Checkstyle plugin causes the following error if "maven site" is run.

 Got an exception - java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: tokenTypeToASTClassMap  (Line 0)

When using "maven checkstyle", the report is fine.

Any clue?

--
Willie Vu

Re: Problem with bew Checkstyle plugin

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 04:40:44PM +0800, Willie Vu wrote:
> Vincent,
>
> After I changed antlr plugin to use 2.7.2, I run into this problem:
>
> XXX.java: 0: Got an exception - java.lang.ClassCastException
>
> What is the problem?
>
> Willie

I think, I've ran into the same problem - and nothing to do with
the new checkstyle jar in my case. You cab check this by looking at
the checkstyle reports in target - they are all right at me.

The problem is that in my project.xml I'm using the

    <sourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/java</sourceDirectory>

convention, and in the checkstyle jsl, that formats the raw checkstyle
report expects the sourceDirectory as a ${baseDir} relative value (line 56):

   <j:set var="fullSrcDir" value="${basedir}/${pom.build.sourceDirectory}"/>

And the whole jsl processing is went wrog from this, as the transformer
would be working with a ${basedir}/${basedir}/<basedir_relative_filename>
from here. Sometimes it causes exception, sometimes simply wrong.

A dirty/quick cure to modify project.xml not to use ${basedir} (altough
if you use reactor you may get troubles with that). I'm thinking how to
patch the jsl script, just wrote this, maybe more knowledgeable jelliers
are faster at fix than I am.

incze

RE: Problem with bew Checkstyle plugin

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Willie,

I cannot do much from the description below. You would need to tell me:

- what goal you are running?
- what goal it is failing in?
- the full stacktrace (run maven with -X)

More generally and to answer all these questions at once, could you
please attach your stdout?

Thanks
-Vincent

users-help@maven.apache.org

Posted by Willie Vu <ct...@ust.hk>.
Vincent,

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
BTW, I've just looked at the jdepend jelly and I can't understand how
the jdepend plugin would use Antlr!

-Vincent

Posted by Willie Vu <ct...@ust.hk>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.