Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vernon Wu <vw...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/25 22:11:21 UTC

Re: Is Tomcat 4.0 Backward Compatible with 3.2.3 App??

We run into the compatible problem in our one module of servlet/JSP
application. A few months ago, I implemented it using the 3.x version of
Tomcat. After the 4.x version was stable, I had tried to move it over to the
Tomcat 4 for a better performence. The problem we run into is an exception
on a serializable from the DB access utility. The non-standard DB access
utility is from IBM, Informix formerly. We had reported this problem on the
support mailing list for more than a month, not response yet. I don't know
whether the problem is related with the Servlet/JSP spec or not. I would
like to know the cause.

Thanks in advance.

v.