Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2018/05/11 06:49:49 UTC

Re: Subscription requirement?

Le 10/05/2018 à 13:21, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Rajesh Mallah <ma...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Please subscribe to the list to have a consistent and easy conversation.
> This recurring scenario of manually requesting someone to subscribe to a
> mailing list is somewhat absurd...
>
> Either an email sent to <us...@ofbiz.apache.org> by a non-subscriber
> should be automatically rejected with an automatic response telling that
> subscription is required.  Either we should drop the manual moderation
> process and replace it with somekind of quarantine only for first time
> email.  This would be a more friendly option for people foreign to the
> OFBiz community.
>
> The quarantine process is what is currently used by GNU mailing lists
> (managed with Mailman) and is quite effective to avoid SPAM.  Does
> anyone know if OFBiz mailing list could be configured with such option?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Mathieu,

MLs  are not handled at the OFBiz level but at the ASF level. So if you want this to happen you should discuss with the ASF Infra Team.

http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact
https://www.apache.org/dev/infrastructure.html
https://www.apache.org/dev/infra-mail

BTW the ASF use EZML not Mailman https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Roadmap