Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de> on 2004/05/05 14:36:09 UTC

Sequences #2

- Sequences are now avaiable over the structure helper to generate
globally unique URIs - again, had to modify an Interface :(

- There is a sample implementation of a sequence based on the file
system both on the phyiscal as well as on the store level. Add something
  like

         <sequencestore
classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.FileSequenceStore">
           <parameter name="rootpath">E:/tmp/test/seq</parameter>
         </sequencestore>

to your store definition to make it work

- UriHandler uses the new structure helper methods to generate unique
resource names for both history and workingresource

Sequences #3

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
I have implemented a sequence store for both MS SQLServer and Sybase. As
I have no idea how to get the same thing done in MySQL and Postgres,
please, could someone else do this? It should be pretty easy, just have
a look at SQLServerRDBMSAdapter...

Cheers,

Oliver

Re: Sequences #2

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
Migration
---------

When you want to switch to sequences without dropping your datastore you
can just as well edit the sequence file that holds the sequence value to
be the next available in the history folder.