Posted to users@maven.apache.org by toddp2 <tp...@loftware.com> on 2009/08/12 14:58:50 UTC

mvn jetty:run and dbunit conflict?

Hi,

  I have a sample web app where I am using the dbunit-maven-plugin to load
data into a database and the maven-jetty-plugin to run it in jetty.  I am
issuing the following command to build and deploy the web app.
mvn clean install jetty:run.  My issue is with some dependencies that I have
set as <scope>runtime</scope>.  If I comment out the dbunit plugin all works
fine - jetty starts up and I can test.  When I add the dbunit plugin to the
mix, my app has errors when jetty starts up.  I looked at the classpath
differences between the two runs and I found that all my dependencies marked
with scope runtime were not being loaded when the dbunit plugin was used.  I
removed the runtime scope, with dbunit active and it fixed the problem.  My
question is why would dbunit stop these dependencies from being loaded at
runtime?

Thanks,

Todd

RE: mvn jetty:run and dbunit conflict?

Posted by tp...@loftware.com.
Yes, I just tried it.  This has the same outcome, the dependency is not loaded and the app fails when launched in jetty.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried setting them to <scope>test</scope>?

---