Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2014/09/22 11:36:28 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 4.9.1 released

September 2014, Apache Solr™ 4.9.1 available

The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 4.9.1

Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform
from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful
full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic
clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF)
handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing
fault tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers the search
and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.

Solr 4.9.1 is available for immediate download at:

    http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html

Solr 4.9.1 includes 2 bug fixes, as well as Lucene 4.9.1 and its 7 bug fixes.

See the CHANGES.txt file included with the release for a full list of
changes and further details.

Please report any feedback to the mailing lists
(http://lucene.apache.org/solr/discussion.html)

Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring
network for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you
are using may not have replicated the release yet. If that is the
case, please try another mirror. This also goes for Maven access.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 4.9.1 released

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
This is a bug fix release on top of 4.9. Only some important fixes from
4.10 and beyond were back-ported to the 4.9 branch. There may be a 4.10.1
release too very soon.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Bernd Fehling <
bernd.fehling@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

> This confuses me a bit, aren't we already at 4.10.0?
>
> But CHANGES.txt of 4.10.0 doesn't know anything about 4.9.1.
>
> Is this an interim version or something about backward compatibility?
>
> Regards
>

> Am 22.09.2014 um 11:36 schrieb Michael McCandless:
> > September 2014, Apache Solr™ 4.9.1 available
> >
> > The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 4.9.1
> >
> > Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform
> > from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful
> > full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic
> > clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF)
> > handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing
> > fault tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers the search
> > and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
> >
> > Solr 4.9.1 is available for immediate download at:
> >
> >     http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
> >
> > Solr 4.9.1 includes 2 bug fixes, as well as Lucene 4.9.1 and its 7 bug
> fixes.
> >
> > See the CHANGES.txt file included with the release for a full list of
> > changes and further details.
> >
> > Please report any feedback to the mailing lists
> > (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/discussion.html)
> >
> > Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring
> > network for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you
> > are using may not have replicated the release yet. If that is the
> > case, please try another mirror. This also goes for Maven access.
> >
> > Mike McCandless
> >
> > http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 4.9.1 released

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
I'll merge back the 4.9.1 CHANGES entries so when we do a 4.10.1,
they'll be there ... and I'll also make sure any fix we backported for
4.9.1, we also backport for 4.10.1.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de>.