Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Ross Bamford <ro...@roscopec0.f9.co.uk> on 2005/04/11 03:42:24 UTC

A new Velocity-integrated CMF

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about Jamecs, the JAva ManagEd Content
System. Jamecs is a powerful, flexible Content Management Framework for
the J2EE Servlets environment. Jamecs provides Velocity integration at
the lowest level, and uses VTL features for a variety of things, from
view templates to conditionals.

Jamecs is a very young project: This is the first release, intended
really to introduce the platform and allow developers to get a look and
start telling us what they think. I'm especially keen to hear from
Velocity developers - where should we go from here?

Jamecs boasts the following features:

	Coherent Object-Based Content Management
	Transparent Object Persistence with JDBC
	Tight integration with Velocity from the ground up
	XML-based configuration
	Rich Extension & Object API
	Highly modular design
	Open Source, under the ASL 2.0

If you've ever wanted to be able to do this:

#foreach ($child in $here.Children)
  #if ($child.isA("Document"))
  #else
  #end
#end

and a whole lot more, then check it out! Please note, however, that this
is the *first release*, and is not really a whole lot of use yet,
although all the major features (and everything I've mentioned here)
works! It's hard to install too :(

Thanks for the bandwidth,
Ross Bamford

--
    [Ross A. Bamford]      [ross@roscopec0.f9.co.uk]
Roscopeco Open Tech ++ Open Source + Java + Apache + CMF