Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Raghavendra Prabhu <rr...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/02 05:33:30 UTC

content-type frequent null pointer exception

Hi Chris

Cannot the cache.jsp page be modified like this

String primaryType = details.getValue("primaryType");
String subType = details.getValue("subType");

String contentType=primaryType+"/"+subType;

Since we store the content-type in the Mime , it shud retrieve the proper
content type

I currently find that for many cases it is not properly returned .Though
this is not the content-type ,we receive in the headers

This should be more than sufficient i guess

Currenltly i get a Null Pointer Exception frequently in

"ContentProperties metaData = bean.getParseData(details).getMetadata();"

It is not able to retrieve the metaData and it is null

Rgds

Prabhu

Re: content-type frequent null pointer exception

Posted by Raghavendra Prabhu <rr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Even when i dont get a null pointer exception

I find that when i index a file system . the contentType is not proper and
is not application/pdf
or the correct type

Rgds
Prabhu