Posted to user@poi.apache.org by krishnanand thiyadath <at...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/05 17:03:53 UTC

regarding adding comments and drop down

Hi Guys,

 I am reading an excel file and trying to add coments to some of the cells
in the sheet.
 In the sheet, i have cells (named cells) which has list of values, from
which we can select any one (drop down).
 When i add comments, the drop down cells are converted in to normal cells
with single value.

 I am using the following code

 File f = new File(filePath);
 FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(f);
 POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(fis);
 HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);

 HSSFSheet sheet = wb.getSheetAt(0);
 HSSFPatriarch patr = sheet.createDrawingPatriarch();
 HSSFCell cell = sheet.getRow(1).getCell(1);
 HSSFComment comment = patr.createComment(new HSSFClientAnchor(0, 0, 0, 0,
(short)1, 2, (short) 2, 4));
 comment.setString(new HSSFRichTextString("Comments Added"));
 cell.setCellComment(comment);

 FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(new
File("D://temp//test.xls"));
 wb.write(fos);
 fos.close();

 can any one please help me out. I am attching the excel file screen shots
along with this mail.

--
with thanks,
krishnanand.