Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hans Gerwitz <ja...@phobia.com> on 2000/07/13 18:28:37 UTC

Build status

Is there any good reference to changes as they are committed?  The
repository does not have a CHANGES file, and I just beat my head against the
wall of migrating a test site from 3.1 to 3.2b2, finding several issues that
are no doubt known to others.

I really just want a place I can find out what I'm in for when attempting an
upgrade, not to gripe to the list, I know the developers are working hard
with no reward except our gratitude :-)  For others, though, my lessons
included:

server.xml changed dramatically.  Pay close attention to the request
interceptors... SimpleMapper became SimpleMapper1, for example.

The home attribute of a context no longer modifies relative paths for work
and logs, even though it is still documented as doing so.

I still haven't tracked down why my *.jsp requests aren't mapping.  I get
errors about multiple *.jsp mappings on startup, but cannot located any
duplicates.  Time forced me to revert to 3.1 on projects using JSPs (most of
them, in MVC land!)

--
Hans Gerwitz
java@phobia.com

Re: Build status

Posted by Mike Godofsky <go...@paco.cst.digex.net>.
with the company, and his email is being forwarded to me. Thanks for your
help.

-Mike G

--
J. Michael Godofsky, Director - Technical Support/CST
godofsky@digex.net - 301.847.5064 (direct) - 301.847.5082 (fax)