Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com> on 2003/09/09 19:39:06 UTC

weird javascript error in DatePicker

(Disclaimer:  I searched the mailing list, google, the source code and CVS
first. :-)

When we view any page in our app that contains the DatePicker component, we
get a strange javascript syntax error.  Internet Explorer says it's on this
line in DatePicker.js:

     table.style.font    = "small-caption";

There's nothing funny about that line -- it's similar to other lines around
it like 'table.style.fontWeight  = "normal";' -- but commenting it out makes
the error go away.  (The only downside is, the calendar font isn't as small
as you'd like.)  This happens only on Internet Explorer 5.0, which
unfortunately is on many machines in our office.  IE6 and Mozilla don't have
the problem.  (Aha, here's my chance to force the office to upgrade to
Mozilla! :-)

Anyone heard of this?

Bryan Lewis