Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Manolo Gomez Lopez <pe...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/31 15:26:43 UTC

CDATA sections magicaly dissapear in apache muse's reponse

Hi,

  We have a service wich implements several custom capability that return
org.w3c.dom.Element as the return type of the method in the WSDL is a
xsd:anyType.

  What we've seen so far is that Apache Muse returns a reformatted XML, I
mean:

     - Apache Muse takes our polite one-line return XML (the one that our
implementation of the capability returns) and transforms it in an embedded
XML inside a SOAP message with lots of odd carriage return characters.

     - Apache Muse chooses to remove our CDATA sections, this is not
acceptable.

   We were puzzled at this sittuation and checked the protocol to avoid
misinterpretations of setTrace() in our Apache Muse generated client,
revealing that in fact it is Apache Muse's server implementation the one
that it is introducing this error.

   Why does Apache Muse chooses to do weird things like those? Is there any
way to avoid this behaviour in Apache Muse?

Greets,