Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by jm...@apache.org on 2019/12/19 05:15:43 UTC

Podling Nuttx Report Reminder - January 2020

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
prepare your quarterly board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 15 January 2020, 10:30 am PDT.
The report for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC
report. The Incubator PMC requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks
before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review and
submission (Wed, January 01).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the Incubator
PMC, and subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the
very latest you should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board
meeting.

Candidate names should not be made public before people are actually
elected, so please do not include the names of potential committers or
PPMC members in your report.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report

----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

*   Your project name
*   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
    the project or necessarily of its field
*   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
    towards graduation.
*   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
    aware of
*   How has the community developed since the last report
*   How has the project developed since the last report.
*   How does the podling rate their own maturity.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/January2020

Note: This is manually populated. You may need to wait a little before
this page is created from a template.

Note: The format of the report has changed to use markdown.

Mentors
-------

Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
the Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are
following the project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms
for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Podling Nuttx Report Reminder - January 2020

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
>> It’s a good idea to work on the report in the open, you can do this this wiki [1] or this mailing list, it’s also a good idea to work on it well before the due date. Your first report is due 1st January.
> I put in a draft to start with
> (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTXTEST/January+2020)

Thank you very much, Abdelatif!  I am really pleased the stepped up and
did that.

You have been a great asset to the project.  I am surprised, impressed,
and thankful.  I did not know you well before the PPMC team formed and
had no idea what to expect.  I knew that you did good work, helped
people in the goggle group, and were good contributor.  But I never
suspected you would be of such value to the project.

Thank you again,

Greg

Re: Podling Nuttx Report Reminder - January 2020

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Greg, I appreciate it.

> That’s a good start, but a few sections are missing and a little more detail is needed in a few places.
What sections are missing? I took the template from the incubator.
Or do you mean content is missing?
If that's the case, yes, there are quite some gaps. The rest will be
filled during the next days.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 12:29 AM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> The incubator report is in markdown format so best you copy the bare bones report for your project from [2] before starting to work on it.

I don't see a bare bones report for NuttX (or any bare bones template)
at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/incubator/January2019,
is it yet to be created?

Thanks,
Nathan

Re: Podling Nuttx Report Reminder - January 2020

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Just in case you were wondering what this is, podlings need to report  to the incubator monthly for 3 months and then quarterly after that. Top level projects do the same but report to the board. The mentors if happy with the report sign it off and it gets added to the incubator board report. If you miss reports or it doesn’t get signed off you’ll be asked to report next month, that not a big deal but try not to make a habit it. The incubator report is in markdown format so best you copy the bare bones report for your project from [2] before starting to work on it.

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTXTEST/Nuttx
2. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/incubator/January2019