Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ke...@escco.co.jp on 2017/01/25 08:14:46 UTC

An error when I use poi3.15 in a resin4 web applicatoin

Hello.

I made a web application which is correct in tomcat. When I put it into
resin4, everything is good except POI3.15.
It became not to read xlsx, but xls reading is still correct.

Error info is the next line.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.serializer.ToXMLStream

I check every jar in POI and tomcat, but can't find the class.
I don't know whether it is bug of POI or not when I writing the mail.

I am puzzled, please give me some advice.

RE: An error when I use poi3.15 in a resin4 web applicatoin

Posted by ke...@escco.co.jp.
O...A new must tool...

Are you using a build tool (gradle, maven,?)? If so can you please post the
build script?
Without a build tool you will always get these kinds of messages for any
library.

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
Are you using a build tool (gradle, maven,?)? If so can you please post the build script?
Without a build tool you will always get these kinds of messages for any library.

> On 27 Jan 2017, at 01:32, <ke...@escco.co.jp> <ke...@escco.co.jp> wrote:
>
> jar

RE: An error when I use poi3.15 in a resin4 web applicatoin

Posted by ke...@escco.co.jp.
I will not code both for 3.6 and 3.16.
If exists a public version which can run at more java application servers(
tomcat resin jboss and so on), all my code will be modified for it.

Another way is to find the programming bug, but the error code is so simple....just a close calling.

Posted by Javen O'Neal <on...@apache.org>.

Posted by Javen O'Neal <on...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

It could also be related to a different JVM implementation, which exact
type and version of the JavaVM are you using? It is some IBM JDK or some
other vendor?

Thanks... Dominik.

Posted by Javen O'Neal <on...@apache.org>.