Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michel Erard <mi...@corix.ch> on 2008/05/08 14:08:45 UTC

Exception while creating with archetype

Hello,

I've created my first archetype and wanted to generate a project out of
this whith the following command.

mvn -up archetype:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=ch.corix
-DarchetypeArtifactId=corix-archetype
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
-DprojectName=Testproject
-DartifactId=testproject
-Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

When I run this, I've an exception in the archetype plugin.

Downloading:
http://herakles:8080/artifactory/repo/velocity/velocity/1.5/velocity-1.5.pom
Downloading:
http://herakles:8080/artifactory/repo/velocity/velocity/1.5/velocity-1.5.pom
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.initialize(ResourceManagerImpl.java:165)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeResourceManager(RuntimeInstance.java:594)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:241)
        at
org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.init(VelocityEngine.java:116)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.DefaultVelocityComponent.initialize(DefaultVelocityComponent.java:79)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.InitializePhase.execute(InitializePhase.java:16)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle.AbstractLifecycleHandler.start(AbstractLifecycleHandler.java:101)

Do you know something about this problem?

Regards,

Mike