Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by to...@pellucidcode.com on 2005/12/08 01:38:37 UTC

Hello

Hi team!

I've been introduced a few days ago - I'm Tony Rogers of CA (the company
formerly known as Computer Associates). I was encouraged to join by Arthur,
and was pleasantly surprised to find Dims on the team - I guess I'll get to
know everyone else as things go on.

I'm a bit late in responding because I wanted to set up a separate e-mail
account to keep this correspondence separate from the rest of my standards
work (I'm on the UDDI TC, the WS-Addressing WG, and the WS-Description WG),
and I got a bit carried away... Sorry about the delay.

I'm curious about one thing - how big is the team working on Woden?

Tony Rogers
tony@pellucidcode.com

Re: Hello

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Tony,
good to see you on the mailing list. The initial committers per the Woden
proposal are:

Chathura Herath (chathura at opensource.lk, WS-Apache Axis)
Jeremy Hughes (hughesj at apache.org, WSDL4J)
John Kaputin (jakaputin at gmail.com, WSDL4J)
Lawrence Mandel (lmandel at ca.ibm.com, Eclipse Web Tools (WTP) / Eclipse
Web Service Validation Tools (WSVT) )
Arthur Ryman (arthur.ryman at gmail.com, Eclipse Web Tools (WTP) / W3C WSDL
2.0 Working Group)

Mentors:

Paul Fremantle (pzf at hursley.ibm.com)
Sanjiva Weerawarana (sanjiva at opensource.lk)

Sponsor:

Dims

Lawrence and I have done most of the development to date, but we are hoping
others will participate too. We finished M2 yesterday and are seeking
approval to release it via the website.  I think M2 is a suitable code base
for broader developer participation.

The latest code is in SVN or you can see the M2 dist at >
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/ws/woden/milestones/1.0.0M2-incubating/

I compiling info now for the website - pgm model, design docm,
rationale/alternatives, known limitations/TODOs, etc.

regards,
John Kaputin

             <tony@pellucidcod
             e.com>