Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by David Hilbert <hi...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 18:15:26 UTC

A really stupid and ignorant question

Dear community!
My entire experience of OM consists of the installation of OM 2.1 on my Win8-machine following Stephen Cottham's excellent guide.

Now I have a stupid question:
If I am running the server, do the participants I invite to a video conference also need to have the server installed? Is there any way for participant to connect with some simple steps - i.e. something like "install flash and you're good to go" or "download and run this msi-installer to install the client software"?

Regards
/D

Re: A really stupid and ignorant question

Posted by Robert Chalmers <ra...@gmail.com>.
Your users just point their browser to
Http://www.yourdomain:5080/openmeetings
Wait an eternity for it to load and the then register to login

Easy

-----

Posted by Robert Chalmers <ra...@gmail.com>.
That error pops up in groups a lot. Have you googled it?

-----

Posted by David Hilbert <hi...@gmail.com>.
Aha! Brilliant!
I'll try that!

Thanks!
/A

Posted by David Hilbert <hi...@gmail.com>.
Opening both 1935 and 8088 was required, and now it works (when the participant is not behind his own firewall). Yay!!

I shall try changing the ports.

Thanks again for swift replies!!

Regards,
/D

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: A really stupid and ignorant question

Posted by David Hilbert <hi...@gmail.com>.
Ah! I just opened 5080!

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: A really stupid and ignorant question

Posted by David Hilbert <hi...@gmail.com>.
Aha!

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--