Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2021/05/20 09:51:01 UTC

Antora 3

Hi Cameleers,
I propose that we upgrade to Antora 3, I've created an issue[1] and
outlined two benefits that I find significant for us:
 - versionless components[2], this will allow us to remove the latest from URLs
 - git ref derived versions[3] which will reduce the maintenance of
updating versions in component descriptors

Overall I think this will be quite a big change for us, as it'll
simplify the xref links (we no longer need to specify `latest`) and
cut down on much of the post-release maintenance (changing `latest` to
the released/branch version).

I'll try to find some time to work on this so it's ready for the next
3.x release, any help and thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

zoran

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-16639
[2] https://docs.antora.org/antora/3.0/whats-new/#specifying-the-versionless-component-version
[3] https://gitlab.com/antora/antora/issues/296
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Antora 3

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.
I haven’t checked that Dan’s symlink support works as well as mine, but I expect you can also replace the copying to Antora structure with creating symlinks.

David Jencks

Re: Antora 3

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Andrea,