Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Duo Zhang <zh...@apache.org> on 2022/03/12 14:53:06 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache HBase Thirdparty 4.1.0 released

We've just made a new release of the Apache HBase Thirdparty project.
This project is used by the Apache HBase project to encapsulate a
number of core dependencies that HBase relies upon ensuring
that they are properly isolated from HBase downstream users, e.g.
Google Protocol Buffers, Google Guava, and a few others.

In 4.1.0 we add a hbase-unsafe module to move all the code which
reference sun.misc.* out of our main repo, so we can use '--release 8'
when compiling with jdk 11+. Please see HBASE-25465 for more details.

The release is available as source at https://downloads.apache.org/[1]
and as artifacts up in Maven central[2].
Release notes and Changes can be found at [1].

The release was tagged rel/4.1.0.

All artifacts are signed with my key 9AD2AE49 which can be found here:

 https://downloads.apache.org/hbase/KEYS

- Your Release Manager

[1] https://downloads.apache.org/hbase/hbase-thirdparty-4.1.0
[2]