Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jay Richmond <ja...@sysc.com> on 1997/11/01 09:50:50 UTC

config/1345: SymLinksIfOwnerMatch doesn't work when /home is a sym link to /usr/home

>Number:         1345
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       SymLinksIfOwnerMatch doesn't work when /home is a sym link to /usr/home
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I've followed the directions and looking at previous bug reports, both suggesting
that I shoudl use SymLinksIfOwnerMatch to keep users from making sym links in
their web sites to '/'.  I did this and I get a access denied error whenever
I try to access any part of a user's site.  I've tried /home and /usr/home
rules (i.e. /home/*/www) and tried changing the user's home directory as well.
I think apache might be burping because /home and /usr/home are owned by root,
but /usr/home/user is owned by user.  Perhaps it's a configuration problem,
but I've followed all documentation precisely.
http://www.sysc.com/~jayrich probably won't work