Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/20 17:10:44 UTC

[announce] wicket 1.4.x branched

Wicket 1.4.x has been branched and now lives in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/branches/wicket-1.4.x
Trunk is now what will become 1.5.0.

Trunk may be broken in the early days of development and contain a lot
of API breaks, so if you are following bleeding edge you may want to
do so on the 1.4.x branch for a while.

-igor

Re: [announce] wicket 1.4.x branched

Posted by Jörn Zaefferer <jo...@googlemail.com>.
So, where do you plan what you'll actually build?

Jörn

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Zaefferer <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

http://www.google.com/search?q=wicket+1.5

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'll try to find some time to write an overview of the experimental
branch. But the code is an order of magnitude simpler than current
Wicket codes and about the same amount less tangled. It also does lot
less though :) (some of that is intentional).

I have basically rewritten the most messy parts of Wicket (request
cycle, url processing, page management). Some of it is done, some
still needs work. It is however not a drop in replacement for current
wicket internals. It will require substantial effort to integrate. So
before I even consider doing that I'd really like for some people to
take a look at it.

Also I'm not sure if the architecture is flexible enough to support
portlets without having to do various hacks like in current wicket. So
it would be really nice if someone who has experience with building
support for portlets took a look and told me what needs to be
improved.

-Matej

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.
Sorry.. I know.. Didn't mean for it to go there.

On 8/20/09 6:05 PM, "Matej Knopp" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

This really isn't the right thread...

-Matej

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
see Model.ofList(list)

-igor

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Douglas

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.
Wow.. Cool.. Thanks!

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
looks like you are aborting the constructor to me.

-igor

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Douglas

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
+100

as a side note, I work for an audio and web conferencing company, so
if at some point it would be beneficial for the developers to actually
*talk* about this over phone, or collaborate online, let me know and I
can setup an account for this.  we have or can obtain numbers in quite
a few countries, so it is possible that most of the devs could call in
locally.

the company is: genericconf.com

--
Jeremy Thomerson