Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Artur Mrozowski <ar...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/13 14:00:26 UTC

Kafka Streams CoGroup

Hi,
I wonder if anyone could shed some light on how to implement CoGroup in
Kafka Streams in currrent version 1.0, as mentioned in this blog post

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-150+-+Kafka-Streams+Cogroup
.

I am new to Kafka and would appreciate if anyone could provide an example
on how this can be done in little more detail.

Thanks

/Artur

Re: Kafka Streams CoGroup

Posted by Artur Mrozowski <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Damian,
in the blog it is mentioned that, although cumbersome, there is another way
of achievieng the same result.

Something like this.

KTable<K, V1> table1 =
builder.stream("topic1").groupByKey().aggregate(initializer1,
aggregator1, aggValueSerde1, storeName1);
KTable<K, V2> table2 =
builder.stream("topic2").groupByKey().aggregate(initializer2,
aggregator2, aggValueSerde2, storeName2);
KTable<K, V3> table3 =
builder.stream("topic3").groupByKey().aggregate(initializer3,
aggregator3, aggValueSerde3, storeName3);
KTable<K, CG> cogrouped = table1.outerJoin(table2,
joinerOneAndTwo).outerJoin(table3, joinerOneTwoAndThree);

Re: Kafka Streams CoGroup

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,