Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2016/03/30 15:56:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC1

Hi all

Foo 1.2 RC1 is available for review here:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/
    (svn revision 12931)

Maven artifacts are here:
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1144/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.11/

Details of changes since 1.10 are in the release notes:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
    http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/changes-report.html

I have tested this with JDK 1.7 and 1.8 using maven3.

The tag is here:
    https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-compress.git;a=commit;h=ff38bf57378c7cae8617b3c8df692a5ffbe7b83f
    (the tag with the name 1.11-RC1 on commit ff38bf5)

Site:
    http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/
    (note this is not the site I'll publish once the vote gets accepted,
    I'll recreate the site when the release date ist fixed.
    Also download page and the 1.11 javadoc are not expected to work
    right now but will with the correct site)

Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
    http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/clirr-report.html

RAT Report:
    http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/rat-report.html

KEYS:
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote.
  This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
  1400 GMT 02-April 2016

[ ] +1 Release these artifacts
[ ] +0 OK, but...
[ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
[ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks!

        Stefan

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 4 April 2016 at 18:31, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So we have an RC2 coming? Just checking...

Huh?

It's not 'coming', it arrived two days ago ...

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2016-04-04, Gary Gregory wrote:

> So we have an RC2 coming? Just checking...

The RC2 vote thread is still open for about 23 hours (you even responded
to it when we talked about deleting tags :-)

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC1

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
You didn't include the checksums in the mail, but the svn revision
12931 matched.

My vote: -1 (Non-binding)

Due to additional file commons-compress-1.11-SNAPSHOT.jar

sha1 checksums:

74971a345dd8dc9ca3c3dc9af6d407945e9143a5  commons-compress-1.11-src.tar.gz
a2e0a8ef238d5da348cb1b0154cd773ba93be4c9  commons-compress-1.11-src.zip
efb5475cdc3dfb44594d7bde36676c45ad2162ed  commons-compress-1.11-bin.tar.gz
260589c896e80262e3484d93c3fe414eb3786466  commons-compress-1.11-bin.zip

Checked:

-1 binary release contains spurious file commons-compress-1.11-SNAPSHOT.jar
0 mvn apache-rat:rat fails (as the test excludes are only under
<reporting> in pom.xml)
0 staging repository matches RC binaries - (but has spurious checksums
like commons-compress-1.11-sources.jar.md5.sha1 )
+1 source/binaries checksums
+1 source/binaries signatures
+1 mvn clean verify
+1 NOTICE/LICENSE

On 30 March 2016 at 14:56, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Foo 1.2 RC1 is available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/
>     (svn revision 12931)
>
> Maven artifacts are here:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1144/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.11/
>
> Details of changes since 1.10 are in the release notes:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>     http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/changes-report.html
>
> I have tested this with JDK 1.7 and 1.8 using maven3.
>
> The tag is here:
>     https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-compress.git;a=commit;h=ff38bf57378c7cae8617b3c8df692a5ffbe7b83f
>     (the tag with the name 1.11-RC1 on commit ff38bf5)
>
> Site:
>     http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/
>     (note this is not the site I'll publish once the vote gets accepted,
>     I'll recreate the site when the release date ist fixed.
>     Also download page and the 1.11 javadoc are not expected to work
>     right now but will with the correct site)
>
> Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
>     http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>     http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/rat-report.html
>
> KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
>   1400 GMT 02-April 2016
>
> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> [ ] +0 OK, but...
> [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> Thanks!
>
>         Stefan

Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC1

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
+1 from me

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2016-03-30, Gary Gregory wrote:

> "Foo 1.2 RC1 is available for review here:"

> ;-)

I plead guilty on the crime of copy-paste reuse.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.