Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by preeti kumari <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/05 06:39:15 UTC

How to Get info about clusterstate in solr 5.2.1 just like ping request handler with distrib=true

Hi,

I am using solr 5.2.1 . We need to configure F5 load balancer with
zookeepers.
For that we need to know whether our cluster as a whole is eligible to
serve queries or not. We can get cluster state using ping request handler
but in solr 5.2.1 with distrib=true it gives exception(known bug in solr
5.2.1). So now I need :

1. Any way to get cluster state as a whole to see if cluster can serve
queries without going to individual solr nodes.
2. If we can anyhow get this info from zookeepers
3. can we make ping request handler with distrib=true work in solr 5.2.1

Any info in this regard would be appreciated where i don't want to go to
individual solr nodes.

Thanks
Preeti

Re: How to Get info about clusterstate in solr 5.2.1 just like ping request handler with distrib=true

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
>From some docs I'm working on - this command (against one solr box) got me
the entire cluster's state...

Don't know if it'll work for you, but just in case...  There may be an api
command that is similar - not sure.  I'm mostly operating on the command
line right now.

(statdx is the name of my collection)

When I added a third replica and issued the command again, the third
replica showed up too.

8. For fun, go to the "other" VM - the one you did not issue the create
command on and
issue this command to check the status of the new collection.
/opt/solr/bin/solr healthcheck -z 192.168.56.5,192.168.56.6,
192.168.56.7/solr5_4 -c statdx
You should see something like this.  NOTE: There are two JSON objects - one
for each SOLR VM
(And there was much rejoicing!!!)
john@solr6:/opt/solr$ ./bin/solr healthcheck -z 192.168.56.5,192.168.56.6,
192.168.56.7/solr5_4 -c statdx
{
 "collection":"statdx",
 "status":"healthy",
 "numDocs":0,
 "numShards":1,
 "shards":[{
 "shard":"shard1",
 "status":"healthy",
 "replicas":[
{
 "name":"core_node1",
 "url":"http://192.168.56.15:8983/solr/statdx_shard1_replica2/",
 "numDocs":0,
 "status":"active",
 "uptime":"0 days, 0 hours, 6 minutes, 40 seconds",
 "memory":"75.2 MB (%15.3) of 490.7 MB"},
{
 "name":"core_node2",
 "url":"http://192.168.56.16:8983/solr/statdx_shard1_replica1/",
 "numDocs":0,
 "status":"active",
 "uptime":"0 days, 0 hours, 6 minutes, 18 seconds",
 "memory":"33 MB (%6.7) of 490.7 MB",
 "leader":true}]}]}
john@solr6:/opt/solr$

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.
You could use the zkcli.sh script to directly query your zookeeper ensemble
and get the cluster status.
See if that works for you.

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016, 17:28 preeti kumari, <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Reth,
>
> I had already checked this but issue is it gives me info about shards/cores
> hosted on one server where i am hitting the query not the whole cluster
> info hosted on different servers.
>
> What i need is whole info about all shards/cores hosted on different
> servers forming my collection.
>
> Thanks
> Preeti
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Reth RM <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Have you already looked at cluster status api?
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api18
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 10:09 AM, preeti kumari <pr...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using solr 5.2.1 . We need to configure F5 load balancer with
> > > zookeepers.
> > > For that we need to know whether our cluster as a whole is eligible to
> > > serve queries or not. We can get cluster state using ping request
> handler
> > > but in solr 5.2.1 with distrib=true it gives exception(known bug in
> solr
> > > 5.2.1). So now I need :
> > >
> > > 1. Any way to get cluster state as a whole to see if cluster can serve
> > > queries without going to individual solr nodes.
> > > 2. If we can anyhow get this info from zookeepers
> > > 3. can we make ping request handler with distrib=true work in solr
> 5.2.1
> > >
> > > Any info in this regard would be appreciated where i don't want to go
> > > individual solr nodes.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Preeti

Binoy Dalal

Re: How to Get info about clusterstate in solr 5.2.1 just like ping request handler with distrib=true

Posted by preeti kumari <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reth,

Posted by Reth RM <re...@gmail.com>.