Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <ha...@agenciaclick.com.br> on 2004/02/26 17:31:52 UTC

[1/2 OT] Presentation about Apache and Avalon

Folks, I have been invited to make a presentation about ASF/Avalon (mostly
the C# version of it) in a open source forum that will occur in june. Will
be part of a major MONO presentation.

I wonder if anyone have done something like this, what are the main points
to be touched? I'm thinking about speak of:

ASF:
- How it works
- Meritocracy
- Decision process

Avalon
- How a world without Avalon looks like
- Where Avalon fits
- IoC/SoC
- Castle Container/Castle Management Extensions

Thoughs?

regards,
hammett

Re: [1/2 OT] Presentation about Apache and Avalon

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
Quoting "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)"
<ha...@agenciaclick.com.br>:

> Folks, I have been invited to make a presentation about ASF/Avalon (mostly
> the C# version of it) in a open source forum that will occur in june. Will
> be part of a major MONO presentation.
>
> I wonder if anyone have done something like this, what are the main points
> to be touched?

I did one recently.  Pawel has also been working on a presentation.

My suggestions?

  * Write up something you can easily later incorporate into our Avalon
documentation.
  * Use the wiki for brainstorming and early attempts (allows others to
contribute more)
  * If you use PowerPoint publish the presentation on the web and let us know.
We'll give you feedback.
  * Reuse as much existing documentation as possible (our current wiki, docs,
etc.)  Updating or contributing to existing docs might help too.

I'm starting a new section of the wiki:
    http://wiki.apache.org/avalon/IntroductionToAvalon
that you could help with too.

Good luck!