Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Gonzalo A. Diethelm" <go...@aditiva.com> on 2001/10/19 22:29:13 UTC

HTML scripting languages comparable to Velocity

We are planning the migration of an HTML site from a proprietary
scripting language to something more standard. Because of the
architecture of the system (CGI), Java is not an option right
now. So, having used and enjoyed Turbine and Velocity a lot, I
am looking for a scripting alternative that works pretty much
like Velocity but is not Java-based. Here is what I like about
Velocity:

* simple by design: if, loops, variables.
* works off a "context" where some other process placed a lot
  of <name,value(s)> pairs.
* fast!

I have been trying to find something like Velocity, hopefully as
a stand-alone module (like a mod for Apache). I see a lot of
references to PHP and Perl, but I would really like something
much simpler. Anybody has any suggestions? Thanks,

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@aditiva.com