Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by BeerBong <al...@samara.net> on 2000/11/13 13:24:13 UTC

Templates - what choose ?

Hello all!

For most projects we use Apache::ASP and it is sufficient and cool.
But now we develop regional WEB portal with many features including
publishing several magazines online on site, weather forecasts with
archiving them, forums, chats and many others services. All materials can be
binded with orher by some relations.

I think about implementaion of this project with Perl Apache handlers and
template system. There are HTML::Template, HTML::DynamicTemplate and I saw
others.
I installed HTML::Template 2.0, write mod_perl script anf compare it with
identical Apache::ASP script. Apache::ASP was faster slightly although I
used cache functionality of HTML::Template.

Can you advise simple, high performance Perl module for processing
templates.
What uses monsters kinda www.imdb.com ?

Sergey Polyakov - chief of WebZavod
http://www.webzavod.ru

Re: Templates - what choose ?

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@primenet.com>.
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Gunther Birznieks wrote:
> I think that was the thread where a couple of really nice people said they
> were going to summarize the long thread for everyone to benefit from in the
> future because it's such a common topic. But I guess time has gotten the
> best of them as happens to all of us.

Okay, okay, I'll finish it.
- Perrin

Re: Templates - what choose ?

Posted by Gunther Birznieks <gu...@extropia.com>.
At 01:44 PM 11/13/00 +0000, David Hodgkinson wrote:
>"G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, BeerBong wrote:
> >
> > > I think about implementaion of this project with Perl Apache handlers and
> > > template system. There are HTML::Template, HTML::DynamicTemplate and
> I saw
> > > others.
> >
> > There was an extensive discussion of this topic on this List a few
> > weeks ago.  Scan through the archive for the longest thread that you
> > can find.  That will be it.
>
>That was the one that said that the Template Toolkit was the best?
>
>*ducks and runs*

I think that was the thread where a couple of really nice people said they
were going to summarize the long thread for everyone to benefit from in the
future because it's such a common topic. But I guess time has gotten the
best of them as happens to all of us.

*another one ducks and runs*

>--
>Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
>Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com
>       Apache, mod_perl, MySQL, Sybase hired gun for, well, hire
>   -----------------------------------------------------------------

Gunther Birznieks (gunther.birznieks@extropia.com)
eXtropia - The Web Technology Company
http://www.extropia.com/

Re: Templates - what choose ?

Posted by David Hodgkinson <da...@hodgkinson.org>.

Re: Templates - what choose ?

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, BeerBong wrote:

> I think about implementaion of this project with Perl Apache handlers and
> template system. There are HTML::Template, HTML::DynamicTemplate and I saw
> others.

There was an extensive discussion of this topic on this List a few
weeks ago.  Scan through the archive for the longest thread that you
can find.  That will be it.

73,
Ged.