Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Justus Brugman <br...@kpmg-ct.com> on 2004/03/22 11:56:35 UTC

Copy and paste pages.

Hi all (again ;-) )

I've got page that looks like this tree:

-about
-contact
 |- test1
 |- test2

When i try to copy test1, i'm allowed to paste it into 'about', when i
want to paste it into 'index' however, the submenu does not enable it.
Also, i can't create a new page with 'index' as root level.
What might be wrong?

Thanks,
Justus

Re: Copy and paste pages.

Posted by Justus Brugman <br...@kpmg-ct.com>.
Thanks,
What worked for me, is to rename the url to 'home', and the navigation
title to 'index'.
Gives the same result.

Justus

Re: Copy and paste pages.

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
Justus Brugman <br...@kpmg-ct.com> writes:

> And if i rename the url to 'index2' (in lenya) it works, but as i name
> it back to 'index' it won't ?!?

The index node is basically the root node of your publication. There
is the assumption that document-id 'index' is to be treated as if it
were '/'. This is why you cannot add nodes below index, i.e. nodes are
really added below the root node.

This is also the reason why you cannot paste nodes below index. You'll
have to paste them in the 'Authoring' node (which acts as the root
node in the Site tab.

I guess this could be improved usability wise. You might want to file
an enhancement bug.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.net   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: Copy and paste pages.

Posted by Justus Brugman <br...@kpmg-ct.com>.

Re: Copy and paste pages.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Justus Brugman wrote:

> I've got page that looks like this tree:

> -about
> -contact
>  |- test1
>  |- test2
>
> When i try to copy test1, i'm allowed to paste it into 'about', when i
> want to paste it into 'index' however, the submenu does not enable it.
> Also, i can't create a new page with 'index' as root level.
> What might be wrong?

index is treated as a special case because it is the root node. what you
really want is to insert into authoring. that should work, and has the
result you are after.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya