Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au> on 2002/02/10 15:43:33 UTC

Re: [httpclient] minimum supported JDK version

Sean C. Sullivan wrote:

>What is the minimum supported JDK version for
>the HttpClient class library?

 From status.html, JDK 1.2 for run time, although the 'external'
interface is 1.1 compliant.

>Will HttpClient run on JDK 1.1.x?

Not sure. I'm certain it won't compile on it. Use of List etc...

>Is the intent to avoid using any JDK 1.2.x features
>so that the library will run on JDK 1.1.x?

Not AFAIK.

>I have some changes that I'd like to make to HttpClient.
>My changes assume that JDK 1.2.x is the minimum JDK environment.
>
>Please advise.
>
>Regards,
>
>-Sean

Could you also try to include some more info with your patches on
why/what is being patched. It's hard sometimes to have to read the patch
and work out what's being changed, rather than a short blurb in the
patch posting itself.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
http://www.multitask.com.au/developers