Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/11/12 17:09:27 UTC

BugRat Report #376 has been filed.

Bug report #376 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/376>

REPORT #376 Details.

Project: Struts
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: suggest
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 0.5
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: WinNT
   OS Release: 4
   Platform: PC

Synopsis:
Templating Mechanism

After reading the User Guide, I am not sure if Struts does have a Templating
Mechanism or not.
By that I mean one (or 2 or 3) that defines the basic structure of the site
in 3 (for example) parts : a header, the left panel and a body.  This
template will always be the jsp:forward and have two jsp:include to include
the two static (for example) header and left panes pages and one jsp:include
that would get a parameter from the request to now which page to include.
Something similar to the PetStore example.

I like that because it push a lot of DIV or LAYER HTML code in only the
template page.

Is it possible ?