Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu> on 2018/06/22 19:45:37 UTC

Call for vote (#2): xml-security-c-2.0.0

I'd like to ask for a vote to release RC4, posted at [1], as the final release of V2.0.0 of the C++ Santuario library. It was built from svn revision 1834156 of the trunk. The tag will be copied from that revision.

The change log file has been improved, and while the bug reported was actually a mistake in configuring the build, I went ahead and cleaned up a few OpenSSL-specific bits in the samples that didn't have to be specific, and the build does complete now with no crypto provider available (though nothing will run usefully).

Using --with-openssl alone when configuring ensures the configure fails if openssl isn't usable. Note that the configure script is now pkg-confg enabled, so that's how (and only how) it finds Xerces, Xalan, and OpenSSL or NSS. Manual workarounds using environment variables are required if you don't have pkg-config support for any or all of them.

This is my +1.

-- Scott

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/santuario/c-library/

RE: Call for vote (#2): xml-security-c-2.0.0

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
> Builds fine (Gentoo, gcc-7.3.0, autoconf-2.69, automake-1.15.1), code looks
> ok so far I can see/follow, so
>
> +1
>
> from me.

Thanks. I'll give it until end of day in case anybody else wants to check it or find a problem and then call it.

-- Scott

Re: Call for vote (#2): xml-security-c-2.0.0

Posted by Marc Giger <gi...@apache.org>.
Hi Scott,

Builds fine (Gentoo, gcc-7.3.0, autoconf-2.69, automake-1.15.1),
code looks ok so far I can see/follow, so

+1

from me.

Thanks,

Marc

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Call for vote (#2): xml-security-c-2.0.0

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
I updated the website manually - the automatic build is a bit flaky.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Call for vote (#2): xml-security-c-2.0.0

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.