Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by anirban chatterjee <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/04 20:43:03 UTC

Has anybody got Zeppelin with Presto user impersonation working?

Has anybody got Zeppelin+Presto user impersonation working. If yes can you
pls. share the setting on the Zeppelin interpreter side to get this working
end to end.

Set Up:

Presto Version :0.208

Zeppelin Version : 0.8.0

Currently Presto is connected to Kerberized Hadoop.

Zeppelin uses LDAP authentication and is able to connect to Presto using
JDBC interpreter. Running a query from Zepplin the query gets executed in
Presto as "presto" user. We want to pass the authenticated Zeppelin user to
presto which will then impersonate him and execute the query on the user's
behalf instead of default zeppelin/presto user.

Impersonation is enabled in Presto side and works like a charm when using
Presto CLI.

 I want to get this working when connected from zeppelin and there is no
clear documentation out there as to how to get this working end-to-end.