Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by GuoWei <we...@wbkit.com> on 2013/11/08 04:28:59 UTC

Region Server always Crash When M/R

Dear,

Recently when I use CDH 4.0 to do M/R job. I always let Region Server Crashed. Attached are region server logs.

And In my M/R program , I set job reduceTaskNum to 4. Because I have two data nodes each configured 2 reduce slots.

Please help me find why ?

Thanks a lot.

BR
Brad

Re: Region Server always Crash When M/R

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
It depends on the expected load on the region server and whether the same
machine is used by other processes (such as DataNode / TaskTracker).

As a first step, you can try 1.5GB

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by GuoWei <we...@wbkit.com>.