Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "J. Ryan Earl" <ry...@dynaconnections.com> on 2005/04/18 20:16:04 UTC

Need help exporting contexts not under webapps/

Hello,

I'm in the process of bringing an in-house application up under Tomcat.
Previously we were using Jetty as the servlet container, but for various
reason I'm trying to get said application running with Tomcat 5.5.9 and Java
1.5.0.

The problem I'm having is that there are two directories with a large amount
of static files (pictures, videos, documents, and other forms of media) that
are mounted outside of the webapps/ home.  Under Jetty, there is a
configuration directive that I can use to export these directories under a
URL path.  I'm trying to do that in Tomcat, and the documentation has been
somewhat confusing.

What I've gathered is that this type of configuration should be put under
${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/context.xml however I have been able to do this
successfully.  I've tried putting the following in context.xml but it gives
me errors:

<Context path="/DOCS" docBase="/mnt/CMFiles/DOCS"
         debug="0">
</Context>

So my question is, in short, given a directory structure of static files,
how do you get Tomcat to serve said static content off of an arbitrary URI?
Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
-ryan

RE: Need help exporting contexts not under webapps/

Posted by "J. Ryan Earl" <ry...@dynaconnections.com>.
Yea, I accidently hit the send button on the last email before I was done
writing it, but it's working.  I just had to create two context files under
conf/Catalina/localhost/

-ryan